Tuesday, July 27, 2010


This past year has been one of the worst years of my life and under all that grief has been an itch. An itch to do more, to make Bryston's life matter. To make it all count for something. An itch that seems to have been getting worse lately. Ya'll remember this post about a week ago or so?

So I'm considering going back to school, for nursing. Back when I first started college, I started in the lpn program and changed majors the first week to business. I graduated with an AA in business administration but I never really put it to use. I've been working in health care in one way or another since so why not just bite the bullet and go for it? I want to do this because to me, I'll know that with every patient that I care for that I'll be doing it in his honor. These people will become a part of his legacy and I love thinking of it like that! What a neat thought that he is and would still be making a difference!

I'll be going over everything with my admissions advisor next week and getting things all figured out. I'm kinda bummed because I got a notice from the fsfa people that we didn't qualify for a pell grant. We must have made just a hair over to qualify. I'm freaking out about how we are going to pay for this. We live paycheck to paycheck as it is so Please pray that we'll be able to find some large scholarships for me or another form of grant to help us pay for this. I am really hoping it all works out because this is something I've been thinking about for awhile now. In fact I was considering this right before I found out that I was pregnant with Bryston and it just fell by the way side with everything after that.

I feel like I'm always asking for all of your prayers! Needy, Needy, Needy LOL! Just know that each time I ask I say a blessing for all of you in return. I know that in life relationships are often give and take and I just wanted you guys to know that I don't forget about you!


Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. ~Matthew 7:7-8~






7 comments:

Franchesca said...

How exciting Jennifer!!! I so hope it all works out. I will most definitely be praying. God is good.

xxxx

MaryBeth said...

hey jen, there's a book out there about getting small scholarships and how to do it. i did this for my undergrad and got random little ones (like $1,000 for being left-handed!) but every little bit helps. i'm pretty sure you can find this book (it's HUGE) at your local library. but, there's also a website that will do the work too.

http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/

honestly, i think that i got over $5,000 in scholarships just for being good at paperwork, and that was 8 years ago now. hope this helps, and good luck!

Stephanie said...

Praying that you find your answers and get direction and confirmation.

Marie W said...

Awesome news! After my losses I have been thinking of going into Patient Advocacy. What a difference you will make!

Shandrea said...

OH WOW! I will be praying for you. I just told Nan that i'm going to try and get back in school for nursing. I feel that same way that you de. We can pray for each other and push eachother along. Sending you so much love and prayers. ((HUGS)

Mary said...

This is a beautiful way to honor Bryston.

wife.mom.nurse said...

What a beautiful thing to read this post...

I am so happy to hear that you want to be a nurse.

I am praying!

~Julie