Friday, July 23, 2010

Bryston's 1st Heavenly Birthday

Yesterday was Bryston's birthday. I cant believe it's been an entire year since I've held him and looked lovingly on his face. A year since I lightly stroked his head full of dark chocolate hair and kissed that impossibly soft skin. 365 days since we compared who he looked like more,(We never settled on an answer for that one)and 8760hours since I smelled his heavenly scent. What I wouldn't give to go backward in time, just once.

It was a full day of honoring our sweet boy. His grave was decorated to the nines, I don't think I could have gotten one more decoration on there with out creeping onto the neighboring babies plots.




12 balloons were released, one for each month that he's been gone. Each balloon had a special note or poem attached to it. The wind was crazy when I was about to release them so most of the pictures I got were from a distance. But I did get a few up close.






Flowers & a balloon were delivered to the Labor & Delivery nurses and my OB at the hospital where Bryston was born. A note attached explained why it was being done and thanking them for the outstanding and sensitive care that we received while there.



After all that, I went and had supper with friends Mark & Kelsey and my adorable godson, Ryne. Check out this cutie!
Ryne and his parents released a balloon yesterday in honor of Bryston's birthday and also gave us the cutest little framed poem. It says;
Precious Little One
I'm just a precious little one
They say there is a reason,
They say that time will heal,
But neither time nor reason,
Will change the way I feel.
For no one knows the heartache,
That lies behind our smiles,
No one knows how many times,
We have broken down and cried,
We want to tell you something,
So there wont be any doubt,
You're so wonderful to think of
But so hard to be without.
(Author Unknown)



After supper I went home and ate a slice of Funfetti cake and watched a sappy movie and had a good cry. The day was a success in my book. I had a strange sense of calm peace and love that I just know could only be Heaven sent so Thank You all for your prayers and kind thoughts yesterday. I don't think that I could have gotten through without all of them!

Later in the evening I realized that I forgot to check the mail and what I got was a BIG suprise! Julie and Brian sent me a wonderful gift in honor of Bryston's birthday! Thank you guys sooo much! I love them!



I'm going to wait to post all the balloon release pictures until a little later, since this is turning into quite a long post and also a few friends are had to postpone their releases until later. I cant wait to show them all to you! Thank you so much to everyone who released a balloon in honor of Bryston's 1st Heavenly Birthday! You all have blessed me beyond measure with these! xoxo!


(The letter I sent to him yesterday with his bird balloon)

Dearest Bryston on your birthday,
I can hardly believe that you've been gone a whole year. I can’t even begin to tell you how much my life has changed since you came & left. I miss you more every day, in every way imaginable, I didn’t think it was possible to love another human being this much, I didn’t think one heart could contain all that until you showed up. Boy did you prove your Mama wrong! I feel you around sometimes, I love that you do that, and all the sparrows that you send, It helps me to feel close to you and to remember that your safe with HIM. I won’t ever get to see you do all those things that a Mama should see her baby do, but I know that you can see me, and I hope that you’re proud. Not a minute goes by when I don’t think of you. We miss you! We love you!
HAPPY 1ST HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY MY LITTLE MAN!!!
Xoxo,

You’re Mama



P.S. I just got the most awesome affirmation from Bryston not but 10 minutes ago! A sparrow landed on the front porch, looked at me and flew off. It lasted less than 3 seconds but how amazing that on 7/25/09 a year to the day from our very 1st sparrow visit I get the best one of all!! I love you baby!


19 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS)) The bluebird balloon is so cute. I pray his heavenly birthday was perfect. What sweet earrings you received, a very special gift. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary said...

I am so glad the day went well, and that you felt peace. I know that it was hard. Happy Birthday to Bryston! Hopefully the heavenly angels sung him happy birthday...

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I am glad the day was a sucess, all things considering of course. I love the balloons, earings, and the poem especially. I am glad there was calm for you, and I wish you continued calm and peace!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry I forgot Bryston's birthday yesterday. Your pictures are all beautiful and it looked like such a lovely day!

Hugs!

Stephanie said...

What a lovely way to celebrate him!

Shandrea said...

Sending you and sweet bryston hugs and lots of love.

Tina said...

Happy belated Birthday Bryston! What a special celebration for a special little boy.

Jen said...

It looks like Bryston's birthday was lovely! I got goosebumps about the sparrow visit!

BTW, I'm stealing the poem to attach to a balloon this weekend for Lily because it's perfect!

Marie W said...

I am glad you got to honor your precious little one. Sending hugs your way.

Alissa said...

You celebrated your "little sparrow" in such a sweet and appropriate way... You did what was best for you which is so important. Bryston is very lucky to have you as his mommy. Happy heavenly birthday, Bryston.

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing about Bryston's birthday. I love the earrings & blue birdie balloon, and have to say how thoughtful I think you were to send flowers to the hospital staff.

Hugs,
I'm so looking forward to that day when we get to hold our babies (some for the first time and some again) in Heaven.

Caroline said...

Everything looked so beautiful for Bryston.

Happy 1st Birthday Bryston in Heaven.

I loved that you got to see the sparrow.

Caroline

Ashley D said...

I love how you decorated his spot. It's so perfect!

Lisette said...

Wow, what a beautiful day you had for Bryston's birthday. I love the balloons, the earings (so sweet) and the beautiful note you wrote. When I read about the sparrow visit I got chills, just amazing. ((HUGS))

Happy 1st heavenly birthday Bryston.

Holly said...

Wow, his grave really was all decked out! I love how you had a sparrow balloon. That's so neat! And how awesome you got a sign from him!

Mattie said...

I love the blue sparrow balloon! It sounds like his day was spent beautifully! I love that you sent flowers to the L&D nurses!

Mary said...

I got chills when I read that you saw a sparrow. Happy 1st birthday Bryston.

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Bryston! I love your letter to your little boy! Thinking of you!

xx

Ebe said...

Beautiful pictures. I hope your days were peaceful.