Saturday, October 23, 2010

How Great Is Our God!?!

The other day my Mom & sister went to the hospital to visit a friend of theirs who's terminally sick w/ cancer. This woman's story is so inspirational to me. Here she is terminally sick, facing an early death & separation from her husband and toddler son and she's decided to donate her body to science so she can help others. She is such a strong woman of faith and you would not believe what happened to her this week, it's so God ordained! So she was given up for adoption when she was a baby and has been searching off and on for her birth Mother. Well guess what!?! She found her this week! I couldn't be happier for her! What joy He brings! I am just so touched by her story!

As my Mom is telling me about all of this, both of us choked up with tears, she reminds me of a You Tube video that she just cant seem to get off her mind since her visit. It's a video about how Great our God is and how he knows each of our stories intimately. The video is one that I've seen before but watching after hearing her story gives it new meaning. God really does meet us in our darkest hours. He knows all of our pain and His promises of a rich life after this painful earthly life and is evident right down to our anatomy. Watch this video, it'll amaze you I promise!
(Make sure to pause my music player at the bottem of page 1st)


After I watched this I remembered one of Bryston's ultrasound's and how my Doctor had pointed out his heart. He's a christian man who has also suffered the stillbirth of his firstborn son. I didn't know any of that at the time of this ultrasound but looking back, his words really comfort me. He showed me this picture of Bryston's heart,


I wont go into the details of what he said, just what he pointed out, that the human heart looks just like a cross on an ultrasound. Do you see it? If not check out this echo cardiogram of a heart, it's hard to miss.



How anyone can doubt God's sovereignty is beyond me. Especially with all of this. I know how hard life can be and how sometimes it seems as if we've been abandoned but I also know that in those hours I find myself reaching out more to Him. Maybe that's why in life we have trials. If we didn't, we would never find the need to fall to our knees and cry out to him!

Shall we indeed accept the good things from God and not accept adversity? Job 2:10

10 comments:

Mattie said...

Beautiful!

PB&J said...

Powerful and beautiful.

Monica said...

Wow that's awesome about the cross in the heart!! What a wonderful doctor and what an amazing God we have <3

Katy Larsen said...

How wonderful for this woman. Keeping her and you in my prayers! xo

Deni said...

How cool is that that the heart makes a cross?!?!? Thanks for sharing!

wife.mom.nurse said...

So neat..I have never thought of the cross within the hear. Neat post.

Jennifer said...

Really great post! Thanks for sharing this!

Holly said...

I love the laminin video and that's totally amazing about the heart on ECHO.

Mary said...

Thank you for the reminder of God always being there. I saved it to my favorites in case I need another reminder again.

Rachel said...

Amazing story - so glad she found her birth mother!

And I love that about our hearts and our need for Christ,