Monday, October 25, 2010

Rabbit Hole

Today I noticed a few other BLM's posting a link on FB about this upcoming movie. So I checked it out, and all I can say is WOW! I barely made it through watching the trailer clip but I cannot wait to see this. Finally a movie about what life after the loss of child is really like. How hard and unbearable the days are and how every aspect of your life changes right down to how you relate to others & spouses. My favorite part of this clip is when one of the mom's says, "God needed another angle, he had to take her." And Nicole Kidmans character says,"Why couldn't he have just made one? Another angel? I mean he's God after all! Why didn't he just make another angle, hunh?" I cannot even tell you how many times I've had people say this to me, and I felt very much the same way. No he didn't, he didn't need my baby. What he will do is take my loss my very real and painful loss and turn it into something good and for his glory. And then the shot of her crying in the car could have been taken directly out of my life and yours. The car especially seems to trigger meltdowns second only to the shower. I don't know what it is about those two places for us but I know I've heard alot of say the same exact things.



I know that this will be a very emotional and hard movie to sit through but how nice to actually have something like this showing what it's like. I cant wait to see this. What do you think? Will you be going to see it or will you skip it because it'll be too emotional? Me? I will be going, but then again, I'm a sucker for sad sappy movies.



11 comments:

Jen said...

I agree, the car and the shower, any time its quiet, and the world seem to stop I think its natural for our minds to 'go there' I am a sucker for sappy movies, but more than that I just want to see it, from the trailer it appears as though they hit the nail on the head.. I am going to make my BLM friends here go with me. That way I am not blubbering all by myself..xoxo

Anonymous said...

I will be there, with my I Am The Face shirt on. <3

Stephanie said...

WOW is right! I was crying before the 1/4 way point. I wish we could go see this together. I will probably be by myself and have a horrid day afterwards. Can't imagine anyone that I know wanting to see this with me.

Marie W said...

Thanks for posting this!

PB&J said...

Oh goodness I had not seen this - I cried just knowing.. like all of us.. I wonder if I can actually sit through it.

Deni said...

Totally a sap for sad movies and will definitely be seeing this one, no doubt. It does look like it hits the nail on the head, and for that I am grateful! I read a book recently, and I'll post about it on my blog actually, but it's called Tale of Two Sisters, and I think you'd like it. You have to get past the first few chapters to know that it's deeper than the beginning where you might want to chuck it across the room. It talks about loss, and it does end happy, but the story I believe, does more justice to loss than most that I've read! Anna Maxted is the author.

Mary said...

I want to see it too, just to see how they portray everything. The grief part will be real, but I wonder how they will show the hope...will they chose to show any hope???

By the way, I asked my husband to watch the trailer, and he couldn't make it 20 seconds before he walked out of the room...

Kristi said...

I have never heard of this movie yet! But, I am thankful that they have made one on a subject so many don't understand! Thanks for sharing! I will be watching it too!!!

Holly said...

I can't wait to see this movie!!

Allison said...

I just learned about this movie. I know I will be in tears throughout the entire thing, but I am so happy to know that a movie is actually dealing with the emotions of losing a child. I will be there with several boxes of Kleenex.

Mary said...

I am looking forward to seeing this movie. Is that weird? I just don't know if I will be going myself or inviting someone.