Saturday, October 9, 2010

Help?!

Most of you know that I have been working on a headstone to donate to the Creighton University's infant burial plot. (This is where my son is buried) Okay, so if you haven't heard me talk about this before let me explain how the plot is. It's a place where several babies are buried together. The 'Creighton" babies are all in this one plot in a location of the cemetery dubbed Babyland 2. Babyland has several sections in the cemetery 1,2, and 3. In each of these sections are also individual plots. Some are privately owned or there a few plots owned by area hospitals. My son was born at Creighton University Hospital. I liked the idea that he wouldn't be alone, that he would be surrounded by other babies. (At the time I felt very good about this decision, but looking back, I wish I had gone a different route. I wish he was buried closer to our home with family, but that's a whole different post)

But this particular plot doesn't have a headstone or any kind of a marker. Now I've been visiting this site for over a year all at varying times of the day and I have never seen another family at this plot. I know that I cannot be the only parent out of 40 or more who likes to visit their baby. I assume that these parents aren't here visiting because they don't know where to go. Remember this post, it took us over an hour the 1st time we visited to find it even with the help of cemetery staff. Because of this I have been working towards getting a headstone placed on the site so that no parents ever go through the frustration like our first visit there. It was awful!

Now I cant seem to get the wording right. I feel like it's either not special enough or that it's not broad enough for all the families. I almost feel like they're to specific towards Bryston and leaving out the other precious babies. So please help me decide. Which do you like/dislike? I want this to be perfect but I have to remember that it's not just for me!


Creighton University Medical Center
Forever In Our Hearts
Donated in memory of Bryston Ray Davison

Creighton University Medical Center
So Small, So Sweet, So Soon
Donated in memory of Bryston Ray Davison

Creighton University Medical Center
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth,
And whispered as she closed it...
"Too beautiful for earth"

Creighton University Medical Center
Gone But Not Forgotten
Donated in memory of Bryston Ray Davison

Creighton University Medical Center
Sleep my beautiful angel on your pillow in the sky,
angels are forever so we'll never say goodbye

Creighton University Medical Center
Honoring the brief lives of your precious children.
Donated in memory of Bryston Ray Davison

Creighton University Medical Center
Thy memory shall ever be a guiding star to Heaven
Donated in memory of Bryston Ray Davison



19 comments:

PB&J said...

I really love the last one... I think what you are doing is so beautiful.

Allison (Ali) said...

I like them all but this is my fav

Creighton University Medical Center
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth,
And whispered as she closed it...
"Too beautiful for earth"

but I would still add:
Donated in memory of Bryston Ray Davison

It's a wonderful thing you are doing

Jennifer said...

I love that you're doing this. I like the first option best. So, is Babyland clearly marked? Then there are 3 "subsections" of Babyland?

Misty said...

I kinda just love the last one....

xo Misty

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I like the one that says "Honoring the brief lives of your precious children."

Andrea said...

The book of life quote is a personal favorite of mine. And I do love the angel on the pillow one too.

Whatever you select Jennifer...it will be perfect :)

Your are precious for doing this to honor so many sweet little lives.

Much Love

Andrea said...

Oh and I forgot to say, definately put donated in memory of Bryston

More hugs

Kathi said...

I love that you would think of all the other parents and want to mark the place where the other babies (and Bryston) are. I like the first one "Forever in our Hearts". and also a version the last one ..... "Honouring all our precious children".
Whatever you choose will be just beautiful.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Jen, yeah there are 3 distinctly marked Babyland locations. Babyland 1 is in an older part of the cemetary. I looked around there once and there are babies there dating back to the 20's and 30's. 2 and 3 are newer. The Creighton site where Bryston is buried is in 2.

the Hot Biscuit :) said...

I like the one about honoring the lives of your precious children.

My only suggestion would be to make it say, "Honoring the lives of our precious children"

You are doing such a wonderful thing.

Sarita Boyette said...

I like the next to the last one. I actually like them all, but some people may not believe in Heaven or Christianity, so maybe it would be better to go with a neutral one. Your son's name should definitely be on there.
I have read your blog for a little while,but I don't think I have ever commented. I am very sorry for your loss. God bless you & you will be in my prayers.

wife.mom.nurse said...

They are all truly lovely.

The first one is my favorite.

It says so much in just 4 words.

I like that it say the word "our" because it includes you.

You cannot go wrong with any of these.

Thinking of you often, especially this month.

~Julie

Holly said...

I like Hot Biscuit's suggestion.

Marie W said...

I love # 3!

Jane said...

I like
Honouring the brief lives of our precious children

what a wonderful thing you are doing

Jane

Mary said...

I like "Sleep my beautiful angel on your pillow in the sky,
angels are forever so we'll never say goodbye". Of course, you will have to put In honor of Bryston.

Nan & Mike said...

i am no help I love them all...but i know whatever you choose it will be awesome and with the utmost care and love...cant wait to hear and see, it sounds so sweet...hugs xxx Nan

Lara said...

Hopefully this isn't too forward...but is this at Westlawn? We did co-mingled cremation with my son and he's in Babyland #2, in a memorial bench for UNMC. I sometimes wish that we had something just for him....

Crystal Theresa said...

Hi Jennifer, I'm a new follower, but I wanted to say that the last one really moved me.

I also wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your your losses. I lost my first, my son, Calvin at 18 weeks, and miscarried my Rainbow at 7 weeks. I've only read a few posts, but I already feel blessed by what you've written you've shared.

I think it is so sweet and thoughtful of you to donate a marker in honor of for Bryston and the other babies there.