Monday, September 13, 2010

A lil bit of this & a lil bit of that ;p

It's weird to think that in less than a month will be Bryston's second EDD anniversary. I still have trouble accepting sometimes that it's been over a year since the last time I held his tiny & perfect body. It all feels so surreal to me.

(Mine looks similar to this but also has a silver cross pendant attached to it)
Last Friday in class a girl asked me what the B stood for on my necklace. I was taken off guard for a moment and quickly said, "Bryston." Another girl that knows our family personally said, "Bryson Ray Davison, hey show her your tattoo." So I did. But I never told her why. And as far as I know neither did the other girl. Why didn't I just tell her? I don't know. You would think that I'd be a pro by now at fielding these questions but it still feels a bit like a dream. Like someone else's reality, not mine. How I wish that were true....



And in my developmental Psych class we're learning about conception & fetal growth and development. In one section it talks about things that can interfere with fetal growth or cause death, but it never once mentioned stillbirth. It talked about SIDS and trisomy 21 and even other disorders but not stillbirth. Why! Stillbirth is 5 times more common than SIDS, doesn't it even deserve a mention there?! I never thought that I'd take these omissions personally, but here I am. The thought of writing the author crossed my mind but in all seriousness it wont change the fact that millions of students across the US are learning from this exact book and will probably never even hear the term stillbirth until it effects them or someone they know, and the chances are pretty good that it will. Do I take this personally, heck yes! People are so unaware of this, it infuriates me! No wonder I feel so isolated sometimes!



On a completely different note, Saturday I went to Lincoln with my mother in law and my brother in law's girlfriend, Heidi & her mom. We had a great day! I so needed a little break from the studying and to have a bit of fun with the girls. We shopped till we dropped, took a tour of the sunken gardens and also went to Paint Yourself Silly! I had never heard of this store before and I'm so glad we went! It was so much fun! The store has a wall of pre-made pottery that you pick out & buy. Then you get to paint it any way you want. They glaze it and put it through the kiln and you pick it up later. I'm so excited to see how it turned out! I'll have to post a picture of it when I get back. I chose to paint a star bowel and a soap pump dish. I went with a generic polka dot pattern but if I ever get to go do this again, I will for sure try to master painting a sparrow! We'll see depending on how cute these things turn out if I ever want to try it again, LOL! They even do birthday parties for kids or for adults naughty pottery parties, I suppose for bachelorette parties. That'd be interesting for sure, LOL!

I've fallen behind on my blogging & blog reading because of all the school work but I do still read them, I just might not comment as much as I did before. I'm hoping to get better once this first semester is over, I'll be taking one less class than now in the spring. I haven't left, I'm still here, just not quite as often as before but I'm still praying for all of you! Also feel free to email anytime!


I saw this quote today and fell in love with it! I want this to be my personal motto! My life is my message. ~Mahatma Ghandi~ Isn't that a great way to live your life!



7 comments:

PB&J said...

Love that quote... good message. Glad all is well - thinking of you

Lisette said...

Hello, glad you had a wonderful weekend. Hope you are feeling well. How many weeks now?

It is weird that stillbirth isn't mentioned. You should write to the author that way he or she can get their facts straight in the future.

((HUGS))

Allison said...

I am glad that your semester seems to be going well. I also get so angry about the silence of miscarriage and stillbirth. If you end up writing the author, you should post it on your blog :) Thinking of you! (((Hugs)))

Mary said...

Dear Jennifer,
You and your precious Bryston and Peanut have touched my heart. I have made you photos for them, but don't know how to get them to you. I have posted them on my precious Micah's blog. It is http://micahsgift.blogspot.com/ . I would love for you to stop by and see them. If you would like me to add anything to the post just let me know. My email is under the request here tab. Please email me if you would like me to email you the photos. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and your angels.
Love,
Mary

Holly said...

I'm sure classes keep you busy so don't worry! Hope you are doing well!

That kinda irks me stillbirth isn't talked about. I wish that would change!

Virginia said...

I just stumbled on your blog and wanted to say, sorry for your losses. I too hate that stillbirth is 5 times more prevalent than SIDS and almost nobody knows that. I just don't get it.

I'll be thinking of you and your precious babe.

Mary said...

It is just incredible that with all the studies and research on stillbirth that books haven't updated their information. Maybe if you have to do a paper for class you can bring it up.