Saturday, September 18, 2010

Good news!

Just a short post to let you all know that Creighton and the Cemetery where Bryston is buried have finally, and I do mean finally, given me the okay to go ahead with planning a headstone for all the babies! I am so excited! This has been such a long drawn out process and I'm so relieved that everyone finally sees my point of there needing to be one. I get to design it and then I will have a meeting with both the hospital and the Cemetery for final approval and all the paperwork details.

I want to make this stone really special! I am limited though on what we can do. I only have the choice of either a bench or a 24x12 flat stone. While I'd like to do the bench there are a few drawbacks to that. There is already a bench donated for a different hospital right next to the Creighton plot, like a stone over, also it's much more costly and last the bench would go behind the actual plot not really on the space so I don't like that idea very well. I'm pretty much set on doing the flat stone, so now all I need to do is start looking for designs and just the right words. Any suggestions on wording? Any special bible verses that have been especially helpful to you that would be nice on a stone for multiple grieving families?



5 comments:

House of Collinsworth said...

There is a stone in the area at the cemetery where Noah is buried (among other babies) that says "Babyland" and below that it says "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them for of such is the kingdom of Heaven."

You can see pics of it on one of my old posts here:
http://houseofcollinsworth.blogspot.com/2009/07/home-from-hospitalagain.html

Holly said...

That's great!!! I'm sure you will do great on the design.

Here are some verses:

Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. According to the Lord’s own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage each other with these words.

Romans 8:18
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

Andrea said...

Jennifer,

You fought for what you believed in now its going to come to fruition and I am so happy for you.

As for the verse, my favorite is not a bible verse, but the one quote that "always" soothed my heart from the day that I first read it...'till this very minute.

"An angel in the Book of Life, wrote down our babies birth and whispered as she closed the book...Much too Beautiful for this Earth"

Much, much, love to you...you are such a beautiful person <3

ps perhaps at sometime they would allow a memorial walkway, where each family could buy a brick. I know Katy at In Hannah's Honor did this.

Mary said...

I am so glad that you will be able to get what you want. It is very special.

wife.mom.nurse said...

This is really great news and will be incredibly special.
Just like you, a very special person.

i have missed you :)

~Julie