Sunday, August 29, 2010

~Someday~


I was thinking about Bryston last night and how amazing his view in Heaven must be. I've been re-reading the book 'Someday' by Karen Kingsbury. It's the final book in the series. One of the character's Ashley had a stillborn daughter, Sarah with anencephaly. This is such a great series! The book mentioned of few of the aspects of loosing an infant along with how the character dealt with her grief and faith. One of the lines of the book that I think will stick with me most is how Ashley realized that Sarah belonged to God and that she always had and always will. What an amazing way to think about it! I like that Bryston "Belongs" to God. It just eases any fears or doubts that I've had about how he is doing without his mama. God is in control and he knows the plans that he has for each of us, including our precious babies, and those plans are not to harm us! Now I just really need to work on being still and knowing that God is in control. That God will be exalted among the nations & we will one day know the purpose of our suffering. Boy, I can hardly wait for that day! Can you just imagine?

And then I started to wonder, do you think our babies are still babies in Heaven or adults? I wish I knew. I guess I like the thought of Bryston still being a baby. I like the idea that when I get to Heaven one day that I will be able to hold my precious son and feel the weight of his live body squirming against mine. Is this something any of you have wondered about? If so, what do you prefer? If it came right down to it, I guess it doesn't really matter, I will be just so happy to be reunited with Bryston that I doubt I'll really be disappointed but I guess it just helps me cope a little better down here, thinking that one day I'll get to hold him again. I don't really recall off hand any scriptures about this, do any of you know if there are scriptures that might have answers about this? I'd be interested to read up on those. I just remember something I was told years ago about how we are all made young again in Heaven, but I don't know how biblically accurate this is?

Wishful thinking of someday may be all the answers I ever I get on this side of Heaven but at least I have the peace of knowing that I WILL have a someday. It makes me really sad to know that there are so many people out there that's not true for. That they will never get their someday when judgement day comes. So today I pray;

Lord,

I know that the plans you have for all of us, and I know that you do all things in your own time. I ask today that you bless anyone reading this with the assurance of you love. I ask that anyone reading this will open their heart to you Lord and accept you with all of their being. I know that you will guide those here who need to read this and ready to accept you into their lives Lord and I ask that you watch over every mommy here today who's heart a little piece of it in Heaven with you. In Jesus name, Amen.



9 comments:

Deni said...

I've actually wondered about that so many times b/c I see my babies at the ages they would be now. So I wonder, do they continue to age like we do? Or do they just pause at some point? It's one of those things we won't know until we get there! But very good thoughts! Thanks for your comment on my post, I'm going to use those for sure! You're a doll!

Alissa said...

It's so crazy that you have been thinking about what your baby will be like when you get to heaven because I have been thinking the same thought and even asked my grief counselor about it this week. She told me that she imagines that her little boy who she lost 17 years ago will still be a baby when she gets there. She also told me that there is a scripture in the Bible that states something about us all being around 33 years old, which is similar to the age that Jesus was. I'm not sure on where that comes from...but she said it's in there somewhere. I, like you, would love to believe that I will be able to hold my daughter as a baby when I get there. I want to care for her the way a mother should care for her baby. I think I find some peace in knowing that 'someday' I may get that chance too. Thank you for your wonderful post. ((hugs to you))

Jennifer said...

I so often wonder about heaven and how things are there. I have often thought about what Eli is doing in heaven. I my mind, I see him as a toddler. I am not sure why. I just see him toddling around heaven. I also have looked for bible references about this and have not found any. It is all part of the mystery to me. I too want to be able to hold him in my arms. I feel sometimes like I was robbed of that and want to be able to experience that when we are united in eternity. But, like you it just does not matter as long as there is a reunion. Your prayer is so beautiful and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing. xoxo

Caroline said...

What a beautiful post. I think I might have to check that book out sounds very good.
I have wondered about those same things and I'm happy that if my children can't be here that God is taking care of them. I really wish that day was tomorrow but I know God knows when it is time. Waiting is somedays hard.

{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Monica said...

I'm with you I hope that I get to hold Gracie again as an infant and see her grow up. I don't know that their are any biblical scriptures to support this but I did read a book called 90 Minutes in Heaven, by Don Piper. Anyway the book is about a man who dies in a car accident the paramedics pronounce him dead but a pastor who is passing by the accident pulls off and feels the urge to pray for him to have complete healing. Anyway the man comes back to life. He is a Chrisitian, a pastor and he writes about his time in heaven. Anyway he tells about seeing his father in heaven but his father looks young and strong again not like he did when he passed away. So that gives me hope.

Misty said...

I'm Mormon, which is means I belong to the LDS church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Our church teaches that when children and babies die, they reside in heaven as adults. They reside in heaven at their full stature, when they would be in the prime of life as an adult.

That being said, when the Resurrection happens, our church teaches that children and babies that have died will be resurrected as they were, in perfect form, at the time of their death. We'll have the chance to raise our babies then. All will NOT be lost.

Church teachings aside, I have always been open to life after death, and the spirit world. I have been many different religions, until I found my perfect fit. I feel Isaac around me from time to time, and he comes to me grown. I don't know how old, but he is wise and strong. The relationship is very distinct though - - that I am his Mama and he is my boy. I miss him terribly, but I know he lives.

Thinking of you!

xo
Misty
abnmln@gmail.com

Ebe said...

I've wondered the same thing. I KNOW I'll know Owen right away, but I do wonder what he will look like. Someone once told me that we will all be the perfect age in Heaven. Maybe the same age Christ was when he died and was resurrected?
What wonderful fellowship and the wholeness we'll feel. I'm so excited.

This was a beautiful prayer.

love,
ebe

Holly said...

I heard about those books in the series and actually have the 4 where it goes into the baby but haven't read them.

I'm not really sure what they will be live in Heaven. I kinda lean towards they will be older but who really knows?

Morgan said...

Karen's books always leave me in tears as well as feeling so uplifted and inspired. The book about Ashley's pregnancy and loss probably the one I cried the hardest with.

I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. I can't even imagine. A friend of mine lost her baby shortly after his birth. She told me the other day that a book called "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn I believe, really helped her. This came up as we were listening to a sermon about heaven.