Wednesday, August 4, 2010

REALLY???

Okay so tonight as I sat down to catch up on some of my blog reading I came across this. I went to the blog that incited her feelings of disgust after reading her post and believe you me I left with the very same feeling. I just had to weigh in since you know, I'm "mentally unstable" and "right winged" that I'm just compelled I guess.(She said that BLM's that dedicate a blog to their dead child are unstable and are of conservative backgrounds, which is just stereotyping at its best!)

I had to pick my mouth up off of the key board as I read this woman's vile and cruel words. Has this woman never heard of tact or compassion? I mean really! C'mon! Whatever happened to love thy neighbor? How can she sit there and say these things and act like it's us who have no right? She basically said that her opinions matter more because her blog is purpose driven and ours aren't. Are you kidding me?? Our blogs give hope and encouragement to people going through some of the darkest days of their lives and THAT isn't purpose enough for her? Give me a break!

Or how about the fact that blogging is scientifically proven to be beneficial to not only ones physical health but emotional health as well? At least our blogs are putting a positive message out there and not messages of hate and cruelty! Her assumption that we are all right winged religious fanatics who are all mentally unstable I think gets me the most! Hello? Has this woman ever even seen more than one or two of our blogs? I know several of you who are Left leaning and even a few atheist out there. Does she seriously think that stillbirth, infant death and miscarriage only happens to the right wingers in the world?

Then she even had the nerve to disable her comments after a post like that! WHAT??? If you cant take the heat then don't start the fire lady! I am so mad I am shaking! What nerve this woman has! I mean, really, what does this heathen think, that you have a baby that dies and your just over it a certain predestined time? That without my blog, where I can freely get support from other BLM's, that I would just forget? That I wouldn't feel compelled to show people pictures of my son and jump at the chance to talk about him to anyone willing to listen? Her post sickens me! To her my son and your children aren't worthy of being cherished and remembered. I don't get it. I don't get how someone could be so cold. All I can do is pray for her. Even thought right now she is the very last person on the face of the planet that I feel like praying for, I will. I was brought up right, unlike her. I will lay her before our Fathers feet and I will let this go, but for now, right now I am livid! Even though she is entitled to her, crappy, opinion, she still doesn't need to go on the attack. You don't see any of us on here attacking her views on life now do you? No you don't! Hrmp! (I refrained from sending a message and giving this wicked woman a piece of my mind. I'm pretty sure that this woman has never been to my blog so I will not directly engage her. My mama always tells me that the Lord doesn't want us to fight, so I will listen to my wise mama and just express my thoughts here on my "Un-Purpose" filled blog.)

Okay stepping off my soapbox for now, thank you and goodnight! Insert image of my immaturely sticking my tongue out at her!


But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).



16 comments:

Monica said...

I just read it and was very disturbed and mortified at what was written by Emily!!! But then after I read the various comments from the BLM's who she actually allowed to comment, it made me proud of us!!! I really don't know what it would be like to go thru what I've been through without the compassion of this group!! Hugs

Megan said...

That's pretty awful. If that person really doesn't like blogs like that, then they don't have to read them. A guy that I worked with said something pretty terrible along those lines once.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just read that post. How horrible to have no compassion, empthathy, or understanding. What a sad, hateful life she must live.

The women that I have found in this community have been my biggest supporters. They are women that understand, care, that have been there themselves.

And these blogs do have a purpose, to honor our babies, and give hope and encouragement to other mothers.

Jill said...

There is a comment that Lori (Matthew's mom) wrote on there and I thought it was so well written. This girl obviously has not lost a child and has no idea what it is like to experience and live life with this heartache. I understand that her blog is hers to write what she wants, but I will never understand why some decide to say such words about babyloss moms.

Alissa said...

I was shocked myself...and feel sorry that this woman could not understand and feel compassion towards us that are suffering some of the worst losses that we will ever experience in our lives. I admire your desire to pray for her and then ultimately forgive her for what she said and did. You are a very strong person.

Lilly's Mom (Desiree) said...

:) Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!! My poor husband got his ears talked off about "emily" last night. I almost wish I could run into her in person. lol Good post. Feel better??

Smiles!

Andrea said...

Jennifer,

I sum that post up to one thing:

IGNORANCE

Look to the obvious, this woman has NEVER walked in our shoes. And as the saying goes....

"Until you walk a mile in my shoes, do not judge my actions"


Many Hugs

Lisette said...

I read that blog and got angry too. I don't wish any harm towards her but boy I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind. Crazyness!!!!

((HUGS))

Stephanie said...

SEEN THAT POST originally from "Rose and her Lily".

What really upsets me is the crass comment that she not only umbrellaed us all under but the specific tirade she vomited upon Hannah Rose.

Really, this little girl fancies herself an intellectual and writer and all I can see is evidence of emotional instability and hate.

Anonymous said...

That blog enraged me too, as a leftie non-Christian. I still have to fight the urge to go find this girl and shake her. She's so wrapped up in her brain, she has no heart. The worst part is that no matter what any of us say, she will not see things our way or change her mind- unless she experiences it too.

Shandrea said...

Jennifer,
I felt the same, but as you said all we can do is lay her before God. I pray that he has mercy on her soul. HUGS to you;o)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I cannot believe what that woman wrote. We know that there is evil that walks on this earth and God is our protection. I am so sorry that she had the nerve to hurt BLM's. I am a true believer that people like that will get what they deserve when they meet their maker. ((HUGS))

He & Me + 3 said...

I was shocked too. Wowzer. I read them all. Crazy.

Once A Mother said...

she is a coward. to disable comments after posting such horrible things, coward. coward. coward.

Honestly, I pity her. I pity her views on life and this world. Ours may be a difficult journey, but to have such a disregard for human life or such a lack of compassion for others, just count yourself lucky that beyond an anger inducing post, you don't have to have such a person in your life.

I could go on and on, and believe me I am enraged, but as crazy as this sounds, I am grateful that I am the BLM, and she is not. I am grateful that Peyton was born to me, loved and appreciated and valued by me, what a pity it would have been for her to have been born to and cast aside by someone like that. I have often wondered why it seems that those of us who suffer this level of loss are also those who so wanted our children.

Up until reading this vile post, it felt so unfair, and now I realize that it is because the true tragedy would have been for Peyton, Bryston, Emma & Chase, Carleigh, Hope, Joseph, the list goes on and on, to be born to someone who wouldn't fully appreciate their worth, show them the love and caring they deserved, or carry on the legacy and lessons of their brief lives.

How blessed we are not to have her point of view, and how blessed are children are to be so loved. I don't know her story, whether she has kids or not, but I also pity any children that she may have or that may come into her life, because to have a mother who clearly values their worth based solely on the number of years they are on this earth, is the truest of tragedies.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Very well said Kristen!

Nan & Mike said...

People like that drive me nuts with the thoughts of...should I blast her to bits, should I leave it alone, why bother as they will never understand or see it my way, etc etc etc
Im so glad you can articulate for people like myself, I just get too flustered. To me, that person is very small minded and uses way too big words for her mentality.
Hugs, and thanks for sharing and exposing the nutjob :)
Love the comments too...esp. Kristens!
Nan xxx