Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's funny that I still catch myself thinking, he's really not coming home, he's not coming home ever. When will this stop feeling like a bad dream? I just feel like such a big part of me is missing now. How did this happen? When did this become my life? Some days it just doesn't feel real to me. I just want so badly to go back to last summer, to relive my time with him. It was so short. I didn't get enough time....I just want more time.

Lord, help me to be content with your plan for me. Help me to find the peace and strength I need to navigate this life without him. I know that your with me and that I can do all things through you. This just seems like too much for me right now. I need you to hold my hand in this darkness and help me climb out of this pit. Give me the grace I need. Guide my steps by your will and help me to trust those steps are on steady ground. ~Amen~





10 comments:

Monica said...

I'm praying that prayer with you. Big hugs.

Unknown said...

On my knees with you. There are so many things that I wish I could go back and do. I wish I could have had more time too.

((HUGS))

Mary said...

What a beautiful, authentic post. Don't we all just feel like this is a nightmare, and we will wake up??

Jen said...

((hugs)) I wish Bryston was here, too...praying for your peace, also. (I need to find some, too...)

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

I remember these feelings so vividly. They still creep up on me on a weekly basis! Prayers lifted up!

Deni said...

How I wish we would all wake up from this nightmare and just be a group of blissfully blogging mommies! Sending you love sweet friend!

Katy Larsen said...

I'm so sorry Jenn. I wish all our babies were here. I wish I could understand His reasons and His will. Praying for peace for you and sending you love. xxx

Lisette said...

Thinking and praying with you, ((HUGS)).

Jennifer said...

I'm just so sorry, Jennifer. His pictures are so beautiful. I'm still keenly aware, every day, that our baby is not here with us. I'm glad we have each other, at least in BlogLand.

wife.mom.nurse said...

standing beside you on this journey...