Saturday, March 27, 2010

Unveiling of The Mustard Seed Mission

For awhile now I've been wondering what Bryston and Peanut's lives would have been like. Who would they have been? What would they have loved/hated in life? And then I had a thought, I will never know what their potential could have led into, but I can make sure that it doesn't end with them growing their heavenly wings. And I began to think about how every day has the potential to be a good day or a bad day which led to me thinking that every situation we find ourselves in daily have potential to be something bigger and better too. So without further adieu, I am proud to unveil;




The Mustard Seed Mission is what I came up with. I will hold a giveaway, I'm hoping to make this a regular thing, but for now lets just see how well this goes. To enter you must complete a random act of kindness. You have a month to complete the act. Leave a comment that your act is completed and what it was. For a second entry, blog about your act of kindness in detail with a link back to my blog.(Leave a second comment so that I know your blog is published) You may enter again if you do more than one act of kindness. (You may combine blog posts on your acts, just leave another comment for each act.) I love the idea of changing the world one act of kindness at a time, and what better way to do than in honor of my babies?! I'm pretty excited about this and even more excited to see what you all come up with and how far these acts will spread.


The first prize will be a Sterling Silver MUSTARD SEED/FAITH VERSE Charm Necklace.

The necklace length is 18" Written on the back is: If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed....nothing shall be impossible unto you MATT.17.20.

The winner will be announced April 30th.

8 comments:

Deni said...

Absolutely beautiful Jennifer! I love it and I'm inspired! I already know what I'm doing! I'll let you know and definitely write about this on my blog to spread the word for you, Bryston, and Peanut!!!

Katy Larsen said...

What a wonderfully fabulous way to honor your babies and spread love and kindness! I'm jealous Deni already knows what she is doing! I'm going to have to think about this one! So awesome! Lots of love to you xxx

Andrea said...

Jennifer,

That is one of my most favorite verses. I truly believe peace is reached more quickly through helping someone else...passing on that kindness. As Nan always says, Do Unto Others.

I'm so happy that you are honoring your children with this project :)

I'll keep you "posted" on my random act.

HUGS

Jane said...

this post sparked a wonderful idea.. of something I can do for Noah's birthday... to Honour him..
check out letterstonoah.blogspot.com
:) Does this count as an act of Kindness?

Lighthouse Photography said...

What a beautiful idea! I have a friend that has been having a difficult time lately and as I was driving by our local cupcake shop I stopped and picked up one for her and took it too her. It made us both feel good to share a smile

Deni said...

I did my random act of kindness today. I donate blood fairly regularly, but today I did it in the name of a little boy who lives in Dallas who has Rabdoid Cancer. His name is Walker Rainey and he recently turned 2, he's been fighting this cancer since he was 6.5 months old. They are an amazing family. I don't know them, but that was my act of kindness it's the least I could do for them. You can visit his site at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/walkerrainey

If you want to donate too, I'm not sure how far away you can be and donate, but his sponsor # is 048581.

Unknown said...

I did my random act of kindness. I have a coworker who was having a bad day, so i went and picked her up lunch, rented a movie and just spent the afternoon with her lending her my ears.

I think she felt much better afterwards!

Holly said...

A great idea!!