Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Lazy Saturday Post



I don't really have a whole lot to say tonight but I wanted to blog anyway, so I thought I would post some more quotes and bible verses that have really helped me. A few of these verses and quotes have special meaning to me. My husband would tape them to our bathroom mirror for days after we came home from the hospital. I don't think I could have loved him more after reading them through teary eyes in some of my weakest moments. Thank you Ty for being my rock! I love you so much!
I hope you enjoy them and find them as comforting as I have. *HUGS*


Bible verses:

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

Psalm 30:5
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit

Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Lamentations 3:31-33
For men are not cast off by the Lord forever.Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

Matthew 11:25-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

~Isaiah 43:2~
When you cross deep rivers, I will be with you, and you won't drown.
When you walk through fire, you won't be burned or scorched by the flames.



Inspirational Quotes

Goodbyes are not forever,
Goodbyes are not the end,
They simply mean I miss you,
until we meet again.

Man’s extremity is God’s opportunity. Unshakable faith is faith that has been shaken.

Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark.

Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark. George Iles

"When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in a perfect position to pray."

~Hope is just rejoicing early~

We are like tea bags - we don't know our own strength until we're in hot water. - Sister Busche

When the heart weeps for what is lost, the spirit laughs for
what it has found.- Sufi Aphorism

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
and never stops at all.
-Emily Dickenson

What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul.
-- Jewish Proverb

"Grief and tragedy and hatred are only for a time. Goodness, remembrance and love have no end." -George Bush

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
From a headstone in Ireland

Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
Author Unknown

A heart of gold stopped beating,
two shining eyes at rest,
God broke our hearts to prove,
He only takes the best

Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, faith looks up.



12 comments:

Shandrea said...

I love it. They warm my heart. Hope you are well today. Hugs.

Franchesca said...

That is incredible that your husband taped those verses to your bathroom mirror! Thanks for sharing these, I enjoyed the verses especially, so many are familiar sources of comfort for me too.

(((HUGS)))

Lighthouse Photography said...

What a sweet hubby you have!!! Love those quotes and verses

Anonymous said...

I appreciate these verses too - much comfort.

Andrea said...

Thanks for the inspiration...

Here's another for you:

A Dream is a wish your Heart makes, and my heart makes a wish for you. That you may find a Rainbow, where all your dreams come true.

You'll have your Rainbow baby, I promise...we all will.

Love to you and I think of you and pray for you often :) xoxo

Jill said...

So sweet of your husband!

Jess said...

Thank you for sharing all the quotes and verses. I have found such comfort in each of those verses. I love that your husband taped them to the mirror, that's so sweet. Praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by to say... I love you dear friend. What a rough year you had in '09. I pray '10 will be better for you. I pray God fills you all the more with His grace and peace... even on the days when you would rather yell at Him or have nothing to do with Him at all. I pray in the midst of your tears, you will sense the warmth of His love. Blessings to you my dear friend...

Once A Mother said...

I am always so inspired by your unyielding faith. I especially appreciated you posting this one

Psalm 30:5
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Praying that morning comes for you soon.

The Spears said...

I just found the link to your blog from Jody's blog (Grant's mom). Jody and I became blog friends when she lost Grant on the day that we had the funeral for our first born son, Carter (who was born at 22 1/2 weeks). I don't want to ever tell someone that I understand their grieve, but I can say I understand grief. My husband and I also found out we were pregnant 5 months after we lost our son Carter only to find out that the baby stopped growing at week 6. We were confused and hurt that this was our lives. My husband and I are both in full time ministry. My husband is a chaplain/minister and I am a christian marriage and family counselor. We couldn't believe that this someone was happening to us. After 9 months of trying we once again found out we were pregnant. As I write to you today I am 10 weeks pregnant but got news last week that this baby has also fallen asleep in my womb. Each time there are answers for why this is happening and none of them will keep us from having more kids (the doctors say). I am amazed how the Lord uses something as simple as a blog to be able to minister to so many women as we experience some of the same experiences in life. I would love the opportunity to continue to pray for you and your husband and your journey (like ours) to have the chance to have a baby here on earth to love and hold!

Blessings,
Jenna Spears
www.brentandjennaspears.blogspot.com

MelissaLeigh said...

So sweet your Hubby taped those to your mirror!! All of these are so helpful! I am still thinking and praying for you!

Love,
Melissa

Holly said...

Nothing better to read than scripture! Thank you!