Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Little Snowdrop



I found this poem a few weeks ago. I included it on Bryston's page over at ToWriteTheirNamesInTheSand,http://namesinthesand.blogspot.com/search?q=Bryston+Ray+Davison I read it and instantly fell in love with it. I just wanted to share it with everyone.

Little Snowdrop

The world may never notice if a Snowdrop doesn't bloom,

Or even pause to wonder if the petals fall too soon,

But every life that ever forms or even comes to be,

Touches the world in some small way for all eternity.



The little one we longed for was swiftly here and gone,

But the love that was then planted is a light that still shines on,

And though our arms are empty our hearts know what to do,

Every beating of our hearts says that we love you.

Author
~Unknown~


And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18

13 comments:

Akul's mama said...

I love the line "the little one we longed for was swiftly here and gone" - Akul was the fruit of years of yearning and he was gone so swiftly. I am sure this is true for all our beautiful angel babies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. It is very poignant. I am trying to collate a collection of such poems and have linked from there I hope that is okay

see http://livingintherainbow.com/2009/07/22/funeral-stillbirth-poems/

MaryBeth said...

beautiful. thanks for sharing.
xxMB

Jen said...

love it..thank you for sharing..

He & Me + 3 said...

That is perfect and so beautiful.

More Than Words said...

That was beautiful, Jennifer.

Franchesca said...

That is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.
xx

Bree said...

love it! thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Jennifer ~ I love this. Thank you so much for sharing.

Lea said...

So beautiful, Jennifer. The title caught my attention... my aunt gave a little snowflake pin last year when we lost Nicholas....

Thank you for sharing the poem. I may have to share it too!

Holly said...

Such a sweet little poem. ♥

Once A Mother said...

beautiful and poignant. thank you for sharing.

Juliet said...

I love this poem. It was one of the poems that we chose for Lachlan's funeral. It's just beautiful.