Saturday, November 14, 2009

In memory of Jaxon Allan Popish



Alot of you may know that I have been donating wedding/bridal/evening gowns to the Mary Madeline Project. I donated my own wedding dress this summer and last month I donated around 10 dresses that were donated to me. A friend of mine, Heather and a fellow baby loss mama to Jaxon, is asking for our help. Jaxon's 4 year angelversary is on Thanksgiving. She and her husband would like to do something special in his honor. This is the letter that she posted;

Dear Family and Friends,

The 4th Anniversary of our Jaxson’s life is fast approaching. It is actually on Thanksgiving Day this year! Rob and I have been talking for awhile about how we would like to do something in Jaxson’s honor that will benefit someone else who is in need. A few weeks ago a friend brought up the Mary Madeline Project. The Mary Madeline Project is an organization that donates infant / baby burial gowns and blankets to local hospitals for bereaving parents. Women donate their cherished wedding gowns to the project and volunteers give of their time, talents, and love by making the burial gowns and blankets.

Shortly after Jaxson passed we were able to donate 6 wedding dresses to the Mary Madeline Project. I recently called the Project and asked if they were still in need of wedding dresses and unfortunately they do not need any dresses at this time. The items that they do need are: NEWBORN BLANKETS, BOOTIES, AND HATS. These items do not need to be homemade, but if you have that talent or know someone who does I am sure that would be greatly appreciated!

We are hoping to have all donations by early December. Please pass this along to anyone you think would like to help. All items will be donated In Memory of Jaxson Allan Popish. If you live far away or are unable to get these items to us, they greatly appreciate any monetary donations. If you are talented enough to sew they can always use people to make these cherished gowns. For more information about the Mary Madeline Project go to marymadelineproject.org.

Rob and I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Family and Friends for all of the love and support we have received over the last 4 years. There is not a day that goes by that we don’t think of our little angel and the impact his little life has made on us. Let’s make this donation count for parents across the country who will have to go through the same grief.

Rob and Heather Popish
1212 S. 13th Street
Nebraska City, NE 68410
Phone: (402) 713-5070
e-mail: jaxson143@yahoo.com or rmasterangler@yahoo.com


This organization is very near and dear to my heart. They made the outfit that Bryston wore in the hospital and that he is buried in. In fact when I dropped off the last batch of dresses last month I met the very woman that made Bryston's outfit! It was such an honor to meet this beautiful woman. The day that I dropped off the dresses I tried but couldn't get ahold of the first woman that I donated my dress to. I wanted to go back to her because of her kindness and I was disappointed when I didn't reach her the second time. On the drive there I was thinking to myself, man I really wish I could take them back to Carlin! And then I had a very distinct thought. I heard, "There is a reason your not going back there today." Umm, okay. Instead I took the dresses to a new location and an unknown woman. After dropping off the dresses we began to chat. She mentioned that she was the only one in the area that did the embroidering on the gowns. I had no idea that that was who she was. Bryston's outfit had the cutest little bunny embroidered on it. I told her that she had been the one then to make Bryston's. She suggested that we look through the outfits that she had done. So we did. And lo and behold she brought out an identical outfit! That was it for me. Its already an emotional thing donating dresses in memory of your child who passed but then to meet the very one who dresses him so beautifully! The flood gates opened and I stood in her foyer and wept. We hugged and talked about Bryston and about her life. It was such a great day! And yes, the reason I didn't get to see Carlin again!

So yes, if any of you are looking for a great charity/organization to donate to this holiday season, please let my suggest this one. They have done so much for me and for others like me for no cost to the bereved parents.


Psalm 31:7
I will rejoice and be glad in Your loving kindness,
Because You have seen my affliction;
You have known the troubles of my soul.


8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great organization and how very neat for you to meet the lady that made Bryston's outfit. What a blessing.

Franchesca said...

Beautiful post, Jennifer! How neat that you got to meet that woman.

xx

livingintherainbow said...

What a fantastic way of doing something positive in the face of overwhelming grief. I think this is a very important part of the healing process. It is wonderful that you can think of other people and the pain they must be feelilng when you are feeling such pain too.

It is also so good, looking to the future that other people will have such a positive gesture when they too know pain. Well done.

Afraid I am a few too many thousand miles away to contribute.

When Abigail died we were able to do something in Africa which helped us to see good come from bad. Click here if you want to read about how it helped us and others

http://livingintherainbow.com/2009/10/09/can-good-come-from-bad/

Malory said...

Meeting her was meant to be.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Blue Sparrow said...

I forgot to mention that she sent me home with that identical outfit! It really was meant to be!

Holly said...

This is a great thing!! Do they take only wedding dresses?

Unknown said...

Amazing post, made me cry..great fiction; I often think of what I could do if I had one more day.... =/

Hi, I'm Ali..Your new follower. haha.