Thursday, September 10, 2009

You have to read this



I have been reading Danielle's blog, Letting Go and Letting God for a few weeks now. She lost her son Wyatt 2 minutes after his birth. Danielle lives in Tennessee and has been denied a birth certificate for her son. All because in 2005 an amendment was added to a piece of legislation saying that the quality of a babies heartbeat and respiration's should be taken into consideration before acknowledging that Wyatt was indeed a living baby. Wyatt was listed as a stillborn. In what alternate universe does a heartbeat and breath mean death? Wyatt was not a stillborn. Bryston was a stillborn. He was not afforded the luxury of opening his eyes or taking a breath. Wyatt breathed and looked at his mama for a glorious 2 minutes. Danielle is fighting for her sons birth certificate. She shouldn't have to. Please visit her blog at http://wyattnathaniel.blogspot.com or go to the address http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/recognize-life-in-tennessee and sign the petition to have this amendment reversed. Danielle's family has been through enough. Please help recognise Wyatt's short life and sign this petition for the next family who looses their angel. Save them the heartache that Danielle is now facing.

Please also pray that Representative Richard Montgomery's heart will be softened toward Wyatt's cause and that he will move quickly and victoriously in Danielle's favor.

11 comments:

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

I read her post the other day and have been ranting & raving about it to my husband and coworkers ever since. It is sooo ridiculous that she's even having to fight this battle. I agree, WTF would make anyone think breathing for 2 whole minutes is not living??? If someone has to be put on a respirator does that mean they're dead?! I'm so mad for her!!!

Unknown said...

Done...thanks for sharingthis and making me aware...what a blessing you are!

More Than Words said...

Oh my....that breaks my heart. I'm going to visit her blog too.

Danielle said...

Thanks for posting this! I appreciate any help I can get :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

i have signed the petition. I am shocked and truly dismayed over this.

Our country must help the bereaved parents of Tennessee change this as soon as possible.

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing this...that is so wrong!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts today about 9/11...now that you mention it the sky was so scary that day and BLUE!

To this day I still have such a deep fear of flying...

I like you know I will never forget....

Franchesca said...

Common sense definitely checked out when they amended that law. I signed her petition and am praying for her cause. We are in this together. xx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I have been following Danielle and cannot believe what is happening.
Her son took in the air of this earth and it matters.

He & Me + 3 said...

Seriously? That is just absolutely crazy. I will head over there now. Thanks.
Mimi

Akul's mama said...

First our babies die and then we have to fight for every little thing....ridiculous!!!

Morgan said...

That is so wrong and so sad that they won't just issue a birth certificate. As if the parents weren't already going through enough with loosing their child, but then having the state deny that their child even lived has to be even harder.