Monday, September 28, 2009

Brystons Flowers & Perfect Wings

I recieved Bryston's flowers from Sarah over at Say it with Flowers,(onlysayitwithflowers.blogspot.com) She did a fabulous job! Thank you Sarah!






I also recieved Bryston's Wings from Leanne over at Angel Wings Memorial Boutique(angelwingsmemorialboutique.blogspot.com) They are lovely, Thank you so much!




I'd like to start a name gallery for Bryston. I've seen this done on a few sites and I love the idea of memorializing his name in any and every way possibe. If you think of us, would you please write and photograph Bryston's name. This would mean a great deal to me! My email is jenn_624@hotmail.com. It could be as simple as his name in chalk or crayola or as extravagant as his name in buttons or beans. I wrote his name here in flour.




I also wanted to share a few flowers with you from Bryston's garden here at home. While I was in the hospital my parents planted a garden bed on front of our home in memory of Bryston. She planted daylillies(a favorite of mine), roses, bleeding hearts, hibiscus and some petunias and hasta. It turned out beautifully. Now everytime I walk up my front sidewalk I can remember him. They are beginning to die off which brings me some saddness but I will also have something to look forward to when spring arrives.














(If tears could build a stairway,and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven, and bring you home again)

(Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy)


I had never noticed before but my bird bath has a sparrow on it, a guess what color it is, yup blue.



I put this tile down on Bryston's site for now, since the marker isnt up yet, and were not sure when it will be. It says, If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it. There is a tiny sparrow in it also. I wrote his name and angelversy on it.




So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time his will honor you. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

15 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful. I will be sending you a picture soon for Bryston's name gallery. I will have the kids help me. I think that is a wonderful idea. Love the flowers too.

Lisa and Jonathan said...

The flowers and the garden is absolutely beautiful.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They did a beautiful job on the flowers. Your garden looks like it's doing wonderful. I will try to get a photo to you with his name. God Bless. Lea does a very nice job on the angel wings.

Akul's mama said...

How pretty. After we lost Akul and I came home, spring was all around me. I think one day I will have a garden for Akul so every spring I remember that my life could have blossomed only if...

Jim and Kelly said...

What a beautiful garden and wonderful way to honor Bryston! It's so nice to have a place just for him, isn't it? I also really like the idea of your name gallery. It means so much to be able to our babies names. I believe it is so validating and permanent. I think of you often.

Brandi said...

The flowers are beautiful. I love the plaques you have in your garden, and then one you placed at Bryston's site. It's probably not very original, but I'll get down to the beach this week and write his name in the sand and send it to you. :)

Katie said...

Jennifer ~

My name is Katie Rowe, and my daughter Reese passed away August 13th. She lived for two days.

I got chills all over as I read through many of your posts. I am with you in so many of your emotions. My heart is breaking with yours over your sweet Bryston. You are such a wonderful mom.

I love the name gallery idea. Do you mind if I use it also?

About the blessing ring - I bought a ring at Hobby Lobby and punched a hole in each card we have received to hang on it. I cut several different lengths of ribbon and tie them in between the cards (about every ten or so). Hope this helps!

ღJessicaღ said...

Katie-
Jenn's computer is not working again. She wanted me to tell you....

She doesn't mind if you use that idea. She is going to steal your idea of the blessing ring. She'll be doing that tonight. She said she's been reading your post and she thinks your really strong and that Reese is really beauiful! She should have her computer back in 2 weeks.

Once A Mother said...

such beautiful monuments to your love for Bryston.

Jody said...

Hi, there,

I've really gotta catch up on your blog! I will read it, I promise! Thanks for writing on mine and for following me. I am here for you anytime.

For now, i will say I love the name you chose for your son, and he is so beautiful! I am thankful you were able to see him and hold him- we truly are blessed to be able to keep that in our hearts and minds forever.

Love to you,

Jody (Grant's mommy)

House of Collinsworth said...

I googled "name gallery, stillborn" because I want to do this for my son as well. And then I found your site. We lost our sweet Noah on July 7th (3 months ago today). I will be sure to write Bryston's name for you and email it to you. I would love for you to do the same for me (Noah's name) if you feel like it. My email is Lisacollinsworth@hotmail.com.

Praying for you!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Hello Jennifer,

I hope your computer is not acting up still. I am out of a laptop for now! Frustrating. My desttop is horrible.

My post today is about infant loss. Hope you can stop by and see it.

Continuing in prayer for you two.

~Julie

wife.mom.nurse said...

http://shivere.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/angelversary-pregnancy-loss-ribbon-garden-flags/

Actually, I just found the picture on the internet.

Here is the link.

Karen said...

What a beautiful garden for Bryston. (((Hugs)))

Holly said...

The flowers are so beautiful!!!!