Sunday, September 27, 2009

Birthverse



I have noticed a few of the blogs that I follow have posted their families birthverses and I thought that I would do the same. You can find you own at birthverse.com. My mouth would have hit the floor if any of ours had been Luke 12:9 or Matthew 10:29. It wasnt, but it would have been an awesome affirmation. Here is what I found,

Mine is: Ephesians 6:24
Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.

Ty's is: Ecclesiastes 7:20
There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.

Bryston's is: Matthew 7:24
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

Bryston's duedate birthverse is: Hosea 10:12
Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers righteousness on you.


I wish I had more to say tonight but I am feeling pretty zapped. I keep having flashbacks of that horrible night. Its emotionally exahusting. I wish I could forget, but to forget that night would mean to forget his face and I just cant do that. It haunts me. I will forever have a tapeplayer going in my mind of what happened. On repeat over and over of the words spoken and the tears shed. Will I ever feel normal again?

Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy psalms 126.5

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I have never tried that my friend. Thank you for sharing. I am going to find out my families birth verses too.
Try & get some rest.

Franchesca said...

I am so sorry! It is so hard. The tape player is relentless. I know you will be alright and find a new normal. It will happen. Have hope. XX

Akul's mama said...

Remembering our children is our biggest joy and greatest pain. It is with us to stay.

wife.mom.nurse said...

I hadn't heard of a birthverse. How beautiful. Bryston's birthday verse gave me chills-amazing.

Thanks for sharing

Once A Mother said...

I know what you mean about the flashbacks, they hurt so much yet forgetting them, pushing them and the memories surrounding them away would be losing a bit of our children. I am so sorry you are on this journey.

Jen said...

the tape player.. mine come in dreams.. in awful dreams.. after I've had a tough day it seems like its all replayed in my head..trying to call my husband, thinking that I should have her put on a vent(which we had agreed not to previously) and just all of the emotions I was feeling... I wake up about once a week with the same exact feeling of that day when she flew away..its awful..I get through the day and try to re-route my thoughts to something positive.. think about her playing up in heaven and getting to skip this time on earth..she will never know disappointment, anger, loss.. I am so sorry you are going through this journey also..

Daveda said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's my first time here on your blog and as I read through this post, my heart ached for you and my eyes filled with tears, for what you must be feeling.

However, it is nice to "meet" you, and I look forward to journeying with you here in blog land in the days ahead...the days of hope, because of Jesus.

I have never been to the birth verse website, but I think I will check it out.