I was given the Honest Scrap Award from Peytons mom over at Once a Mother. This award is given to blogs that write honestly and from the depth of their soul, according to her page anyway, lol! So thank you so much to Peyton's mommy for the recognition.
There are a couple of rules to accepting the award. Firstly is to pass the award on to 7 other bloggers, and secondly to list 10 honest and hopefully interesting things about yourself.
The following are blogs that I read and find comfort in the words and feelings written. All have walked or are just beginning their walk down the road of recovering from the loss of thier precious babies. Here are the 7 Blogs that I consider worthy of the award;
1. Ezra's Space (ezramalik.blogspot.com)
2. Its Just Me (meghan-stripped.blogspot.com)
3. Jasper, Forever Our Firstborn (jasperthomas.blogspot.com)
4. Letting Go and Letting God (wyattnathaniel.blogspot.com)
5. Missing You Always (missingyoualwaysjordan.blogspot.com)
6. The Unlucky Lottery (theunluckylottery.blogspot.com)
7. Beauty From Pain (noahbenjamin-ourstory.blogspot.com)
And now for the 10 honest and hopefully interesting things about myself;
1. I am a bugaphobe, if thats even a word, lol. I hate bugs. Any and all types. I cant stand seeing them. They creep me out to no end. I have made a fool out of myself many times trying to avoid them.
2. I am a closet geek. I love to read and I absolutely could not live without the Discovery or History Channels. I am mesmorized by the tv when these channels are on. Or I will read an entire weekend away and not feel like I missed any fun.
3. I first saw my husband on Labor Day 2005 at a Demolition Derby. He was in full firefighter gear working the derby. He walked by me and I took one look into those honest chocolate brown eyes and I was hooked. I knew that those eyes were what I wanted to look into for the rest of my life.
4. To me the best sound in the world is a babies laugh. The best smell is fresh cut grass. The best sight is a sunset over the ocean. The best sensation is my husbands breath on my neck. And the best feeling is laughter through tears.
5. I have 2 amazing older sisters. Each very different from each other and from me but also the same in their own ways. I admire and look up to both. I am blessed to be an Aunt to 3 nieces and 3 nephews.
6. I have a yellow lab named Daisy. Daisy Mae Duke to be exact, lol. That name is courtesy of my husband who is a major Dukes of Hazzard fan. I wasnt raised with animals so I wasnt too sure about having her, but she is so cuddly and smart that I couldnt give her up.
7. My husband and I are both astrological signs of Cancer, the crab. Its a water sign and ruled by the moon, so we are very emotional by nature and wear our hearts on our sleeves. Cancer signs love to nurture and take care of their partners. We are very traditional people.
8. I hate loud people and places. I cant think straight when Im in a loud enviorment and loud over the top people make me nervous. I'm not sure why that is. I have always prefered a calmer enviorment to an energetic one.
9. I have trouble sleeping since loosing Bryston. I just looked at the clock and it's now 4:23am and it feels like its 4pm to me. When I do sleep its a hard sleep. Once I am asleep I feel like I could sleep forever. I force myself out of bed. Then I have to force myself to go to bed that night. I dont dream like I use to anymore. And why I havent had a dream about him yet is strange and alarming to me.
10. My arms are doublejointed at the elbows. I cannot fully straighten them out when I extend my arms. I can put my hand on a table and twist my body around without picking my hand up. :D Gross, I know.
I hope you have enjoyed my 10 honest facts and I really hope even more that you will check out my nominees websites! God Bless!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Posted by The Blue Sparrow at 3:26 AM