Friday, July 10, 2009

Sad News

My aunt Carol passed away Wednsday at 3:50 in the afternoon from small cell carcinoma lung cancer. She had been diagnosed about a year ago. Carol underwent treatment and never let her bright smile waver. An amazingly upbeat woman who suprised us daily with her faith and positivity. She will be dearly missed by all of us.

Most of all, please pray for her boys and family to find the strength to get throught their loss. They are understandably crushed. I wish I had the right words to console them, but I do not. Please include them in your prayers tonight at 7pm and tomorrow at 2pm. Tonight is the viewing and tomorrows the funeral. I just want to know that they have that extra blanket of prayer laid on them to get them through. Thank you everyone!

4 comments:

Darling Lou Photography said...

oh jen that breaks my heart for your family. i will definitely say my prayers.

Tina said...

So sad...we will be praying for the boys and all of your family during this difficult time!

The Blue Sparrow said...

Thank you guys! Its a blessing in the fact that she's not in pain anymore and is finally home, but sad that shes gone.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Just an update on how it all went: She had a great turnout, lots of pretty flowers, and a meaningfull service that couldnt have been more tailored to her personality. At one poing the entire congreation gave my parents a standing ovatation for taking care of Carol during her illness. It was one of the sweetest things Ive seen! Thanks for all your prayers!