Monday, December 13, 2010

The Speech

I didn't chicken out, I gave the speech! The night before and the day of I was a nervous wreck! My hands were shaking and I was kicking myself for not picking an easier topic!

But I felt all your prayers and I did make it through! Not without tears, but I wasn't the only one who cried. A few audience members cried as well which to me meant they "heard" really "heard" what I had to say. All in all, I think it was a success, even though I cried in public which I HATE to do, LOL! It felt kind of good actually to get up there and talk about Bryston and what Richard Olsen is doing with his organizations. At first I felt a bit naked and exposed but the more that I talked the more that I realized that it was a good thing. My 8 minutes of being uncomfortable might (I hope) make a difference someday.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your prayers & support last Thursday! I'm sorry that it took me so long to update you all on how it went, it's finals week and I literally think I have steam coming out of my ears, haha! I cannot wait until this week is over!!


In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. - 1 Thessalonians 5:18




14 comments:

Marie W said...

I am glad it went well! Don't worry I always cry when mentioning my babies! Good luck with your finals - mine are over. Thank God! ;-)

Mary said...

Jennifer, I am so proud of you. I just read the speech. I don't know how I would have done it.

Jen said...

I'm glad that it went so well and I'm so proud of you! xoxo

Deni said...

I was so thinking about you and meant to ask how it went! So proud of you! Way to get it out there sister! You're amazing!

Shandrea said...

I am glad your speech went well ;O)

Lisette said...

I am glad you did excellent. Good luck with your other finals.

I know you made an impression on your classmates.

Sarita Boyette said...

I'm so glad it went well!

Holly said...

I'm so glad you did it! Even better that some people were touched by your speech

Danielle said...

Yay! I'm so proud of you. I've been praying and I'm so glad you made it through okay. I hate crying in public too, but I've come to realize that it's totally worth it if I get to talk about Wyatt for a few seconds :} Big Hugs girlie! I'm doing my victory dance over here!!!!

Caroline said...

So glad it went well.

Caroline

PB&J said...

I bet it was healing.. and eye opening.. awesome

Mary said...

I am so proud of you for doing this!!!! Great job!

I gave you an award on my blog. Stop by to pick it up:)

~Patience Is The Wait~ said...

So very proud of you Jenny!! I knew you could do it!! Bryston was blessed with such a wonderful mother!!

Ebe said...

I'm so glad you did give your speech. Great job!
How very brave of you.