Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RRRR!

I stopped by the cemetery today just to check in since its been a few weeks and all and what I found does not make me very happy! I found nothing! Yup, you read that right, zip zilch nada! They not only cleaned up all the memorial flowers left they took the liberty of throwing out his shepard's hook with the brand new chimes that my parent put up and the name plaque that's been there since last year! I mean I knew they would take the flowers and the cross but everything? C'mon! Now his grave site is bare and just another piece of grass, I hate that! It looks so lonely there all empty. I will be going back up in a few days and redecorating it, I'm just not very happy that they didn't leave the other decorations there. They have left all the other decorations alone? So my best guess is that do this once a year maybe but you would have thought that they would leave that stuff and just of taken the disposable stuff. And as we were leaving the cemetery I saw several other graves that still had all it's decorations on it. Theres a butterfly headstone that's adorable and always decorated to the nines so I notice every time I go, and it still had all its pinwheels and even a Christmas tree still up! Guess they have connections that I don't have???

Okay, thanks for letting me vent for a minute. I just had to let that out. It was just a shock to see his site like that. It hasn't been bare since last year right after so I guess I'm taking it a little more personal than it really is....





7 comments:

Caroline said...

I don't blame you for being upset and I would be too. I'm sorry that happened to you.

{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry about that. Why can't they leave it alone. You have to go to the office and say something. ((HUGS))

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry about that. Why can't they leave it alone. You have to go to the office and say something. ((HUGS))

Andrea said...

Jennifer,

I'm so sorry that happened to you! You have every right to be ticked off. Do you suppose someone "took" the shepard's hook and chimes? I put nothing past people...absolutely nothing. However, we will err on the side of thinking they just did a routine clean up, but still...why? Ticks me off!

I have an idea...get a new shepards hook and get a bag of Quickrete (concrete) and cement the hook into the ground. Your hubby can do it very easy and no one will be taking it again any time soon :) You can hide the concrete with grass.

It's okay to take this personal...so don't apologise.

On a happy note, I'm SOOO happy you got the little pin. My Grannie's smiling from heaven knowing you are wearing it :)

HUGS and sorry for the venting
Andrea

Holly said...

Oh how frustrating and upsetting!! I'm sorry that they took everything. That just doesn't seem right that yours is gone but others have stuff up.

Lisette said...

Oh you have every right to be upset over this!!! You should go to the office and let them know what happened. It doesn't seem fair that they took everything. I am so sorry this happened to you, ((HUGS))

Mary said...

This happened to us multiple times too! I get just as mad, especially when I see the others have their stuff still up. Vent away. I yelled until I cried...