Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

Wow! I cannot believe it's been over a week since I've logged onto Blogger, this is the longest I've gone since last summer. Last week was super busy at work. I worked alot of extra hours trying to play catch up before the long weekend. We went to several barbeque's and spent time with friends and family. Ty and I slept in all weekend, which was soo nice!

Yesterday we took flowers to Bryston's site to honor Memorial day. I know, I know, its about the Vets but for me Memorial day is also about honoring all of the dead. I went to several stores looking for just the right floral arrangement but was having a hard time finding the right one. I didn't want to put up the fake floral arrangements I really wanted live ones so I found a really pretty potted arrangement at Menard's with red, white and blue flowers and a cute little flag sticking out of it. When we got to the cemetery I was in awe of how beautiful it all looked. All of the flowers, balloons, flags, toys and pinwheels were stunning with the sunlight bouncing off of them. But it was also sad. Sad because there are so many baby graves. Bryston's cemetery has sections for infants. He is buried in whats called BabyLand 2. This is the first time also that I saw other grieving parents visiting their babies. Its always empty when I visit. I like that because it gives me privacy to grieve, but it made me sad to see them.

Another thing I did this weekend is pull out my summer clothes, Yay! But also Nae! I love summertime, its my favorite time of year along with Christmas, but now summer means something different to me. It means the season that I lost Bryston. As I was pulling out my clothes I couldn't help but remember that I wore alot of these last summer while I had him still with me. I had flashbacks of things I did when I wore them and OB appointments that I wore some too. I didn't anticipate this being something that would bother me. I mean there just clothes, but they're also so much more than that. They're a piece of my time spent with Bryston while he was still safe. Putting them on each day is bittersweet. (I should clarify here, I wore prepregnancy and still do where alot of empire waisted tops, I love them. So they are my regular clothes. Im not running around in last years maternity gear or anything LOL!) Oh well, chalk it up to another one of those unexpected things the grieving process throws at ya.

I need to catch up on all of my blog reading, Sorry I've been neglectful! I hope everyone had a great Memorial weekend!!!

Also today is a very special day for one of you out there. I want to wish Wyatt a Very Happy 1st Heavenly Birthday! Sending love and prayers to the Finchum family and wishing them a very peaceful and joyous day as they remember their sweet boy.







6 comments:

Holly said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Wyatt! That elephant cake is so cute! :)

The arrangement you picked sounds perfect. There were lots of arrangements and flowers when we went to the cemetery too. It was nice to see.

Mary said...

I saw a dad in the baby section for the first time yesterday. It was so sad, I could just feel his heavey heart as his hand laid gently on the new dirt in front of him...

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday to Wyatt !!
I love the cake so cute.
Your flowers you picked sound wonderful.
It is sad so many babies gone.

Caroline

Danielle said...

Thank you for remembering Wyatt :) I love the elephant cake!!

Sometimes I wish I had a place to go and "visit" Wyatt so I could take him things... the arrangement you took to Bryston sounds perfect.

Praying for you always!

Shandrea said...

Sending you hugs.;)

Andrea said...

*tears* It just doesn't seem right to go to Baby Land to visit your sweet boy...

As for those clothes, I associate many of the Summer items that are hanging in my closet to OB visits too. I don't wear them, as they serve as constant reminders...trying to work past that one.

You are so sweet Jennifer to always honor and remember our beloved children :) What a beautiful person you are.

Which leads me to this, I have a little something that I very much want to pass along to you. I found it as I was looking in my jewelry box. It's perfect for you and I'd love for you to have it. Email me your address and I will send you this "tiny happy".

Much Love and again, thank you for always being so thoughtful.

xxx
Andrea
persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com