Monday, May 10, 2010

Blog For Your Health


Okay, I have been lucky enough to have the support of friends and family with however I choose to cope with my grief. Which one of those things just happens to be blogging about it. But I have seen some different responses to our blogging that have been less than supportive of it. And then today I saw this and had to share it. So all of you nay sayers out there I have one thing to say and feel free to quote me on this, "Nah Nah Naa Boo Boo!"

An article in Self Magazine titled Blog For Your Health. Read for yourself;

Post two entries and call me in the morning! Blogging may help you reap the body boons below.
>SOUNDER SLUMBER. Blogging about your feelings can bring on relaxation, which helps usher in sleep, says Michael Breus, Ph.D., author of Beauty of Sleep
>IMPROVED IMMUNITY. Expressive writing may encourage growth of white blood cells, which fight off infection, research shows.
>A HARDY HEART. Writing about emotional topics may lower blood pressure and heart rate, keeping your ticker in better shape. Write from the Heart!



So the next time someone tells you that it might not be the healthiest thing to blog so much about your "dead baby" point them here. We blogging blm's are doing a world of good for ourselves and each other by expressing ourselves. I, for one, have found so much healing and comfort among all of you that I couldn't imagine doing this without you. And if that makes them uncomfortable then oh well, I say. Its our heart(physically AND emotionally)that were talking about here so keep it up!

*************************************UPDATE****************************
I found this post on Once a Mother's site titled Tending To Our Wounds. She puts this into perfect perspective on why as grieving parents it is so vital to express our feelings through blogging and connecting with other grieving parents.



11 comments:

My life said...

Thanks for posting this. I will be sending someone who could really use this here.

Monica said...

Couldn't agree more!!! And thank you for posting this infomation!!!

Britt said...

here, here! Thanks for putting it in facts!

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing this awesome info!

With Out My Punkin said...

Makes sense!! Thank you for posting!

Lisette said...

Thanks for sharing. I think it makes total sense and I will definately have to point people this way when they say stupid comments about me blogging!

Mattie said...

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing!

Shandrea said...

I so second that motion;)

Deni said...

Great post Jennifer! I KNOW it helps me feel better!!!

Once A Mother said...

great post. saw your message and I am honored that you want to link me. :)

Holly said...

i'll say it too! nananabooboo!