Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I WILL NOT SAY GOODBYE!

A good friend of mine brought this video to my attention. I knew that I had to share it with all of you. This friend of mine, Holly, lost her little girl Brooklyn to Leukemia a year ago. Brooklyn was the happiest little girl I've ever had the pleasure to meet. She fought a long hard battle with a smile on her face each and every day. I remember attending her visitation and trying to keep it together and how hard that was. And I remember thinking how strong Holly and her husband were and that I could never ever be as strong or composed as them. But that was before. And now she is a sister in grief. When I need to talk she is there and she understands what I'm going through. She has since been blessed with another daughter, Morgan. Holly gives me hope everyday that maybe one day soon, I will be able to too.


Be sure to pause my music player at the bottom of the page before playing this video. And also be sure to have tissues on hand. I wasn't able to make it through without tears but it's just so beautiful and I wanted to share it. Enjoy and BIG HUGS to each of you.





Bryston & Peanut,

I will never say goodbye sweet peas. I carry you in my heart with me everyday where ever I go. It's so hard here without you, but I'm trying. I want to make you proud. I cant have you here with me so I will carry your memories with me. You will be there in my laughter and in my sorrows. With every breath I take, you will be my air. When I watch the sun set each night, you will be there in the last rays of light before the darkness creeps in. When the wind whips through my hair it will be you kissing my burdens away. I love you both so much more than you could possibly understand. Or maybe you do understand from where you at, I hope you do. I hope you can feel my love on that side of Heaven. Mommy misses you both so much. So for now, send mommy a big wind and lots of kisses my angels. I love you.

Mama




6 comments:

Monica said...

Wow how real and true are those words to that song!!!

Jen said...

My hubby is in the shower and he's going to come out any moment and go "why are you crying?" Thank you for sharing this song...I was crying within the first 30 seconds!

I can't imagine watching your baby be sick and then having them go home to Jesus. I know it was probably a sweet relief to not see her sick anymore but I can't even imagine...

Jessi said...

Moved me to tears!!!!!

Andrea said...

Jennifer,

Sending you love...admitedly, I am not in the right place to watch the video, but know that I'm thinking of you and sending you strength :)

Much Love

Katie said...

Jennifer ~

Thinking of you. I am so with you about your earlier post at the fb status. It's hard sometimes to read certain ones when we would give anything to be in their shoes. I love your honesty!

The jeans I was wearing in my 20 wk pic were not maternity. I bought them at a store called Francesca's. I love them and wear them all the time. Thanks!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That song is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with me.