Thursday, December 17, 2009

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. My dad was hit last night on his way home from work by a drunk driver. This man, a 71 year old, well known alcoholic crossed the center line and almost killed my Dad. He was life-flighted to Creighton University(the hospital where Bryston was born.) The drunk man was transported by ambulance to an Omaha hospital as well but from my understanding with minor wounds.

Dad has sustained several head lacerations, a concussion, a small brain bleed, a fractured scapula, and a few broken ribs. He is hurting pretty bad. He just kept saying tonight, "My head hurts, My head hurts." He is regaining his whits about him but is still a little confused. My mom has to remind him several times an hour that he has stitches in his head and not to touch. He says, "I do?" after each time she tells him. He has no recollection of what happened. Which to me is a blessing.

On the ride to the ER last night I just kept telling God, don't you dare let this happen, not now, I'm not ready for this. God must have been listening because by all rights my Dad should be dead.

I am so furious at the man who hit him! Ty and I searched online and found a 3 page rap sheet for this creep. He has several that are for driving without a licence and even has an OWI 1st offence charge from July 2, 2009. Why was this guy on the road?

Here are the pictures of my Dad's truck that I took today. He must have had an angel with him riding shotgun because I just don't know how he got out alive. The drivers side is nearly untouched.











When you cross deep rivers, I will be with you, and you won't drown.
When you walk through fire, you won't be burned or scorched by the flames.
~Isiaha 43:2~



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, thank God he is okay and that's just disgusting about the other driver. Give your dad a (gentle) hug from me xxx

wife.mom.nurse said...

Oh Dear Lord.

Thanking God for protecting your father. The photo says so much.

My heart goes out to your dad, you and your family.

How scary.

praying...

~Julie

April said...

Thank God that your dad is alive and doing better!
I wanted to let you know that tomorrow I am changing the URL of my blog. I will be changing it to ourbrokenhearts.blogspot.com
I'm changing it because certain paople read my blog that I don't think should be reading it, because of the content. Just thought you might still want to follow!

Danielle said...

Praise the Lord your dad is "alright". It's scary to think about how dangerous the OTHER DRIVERS are. I'm glad he had an angel riding shotgun... I bet Bryston had a big part of keeping his grandpa safe :)

Brandi said...

Praise God! OMW, those photos are just unbelievable. I will be praying for a quick recovery for your dad. :)

Jill said...

I am so happy your dad is doing okay! He must have had an angel with him! I am wishing the best for your dad and family. xx

Sarah said...

Thank God your dad is ok! We have been thinking of you guys!

Call me sometime. We need to chat!

Love you girl

MaryBeth said...

Oh my God, Jen. The pictures of the truck are startling. I'm glad that he is on the road to recovery. Thinking of you...and BIG hugs!
MB

Jen said...

oh my goodness..HOW AWFUL! He had to have someone in there holding his hand and shielding him from harm.. so glad he is going to mend and walked away from it! HUGS!!!

brian said...

Now that your dad is doing better I can tell you that, as a fireman, these pictures made an impression on me...That's a bad one...

That passage from Isaiah is what I have tattooed on my arm.

Praying for his continued recovery...

Once A Mother said...

oh my, these pictures.... i think your sweet boy was there protecting your dad. he will be in my prayers to get well soon

Holly said...

I am praying for the recovery of your dad. I didn't see the post before until now. (Just catching up on everything.) There definitely was an angel with your dad because by the looks of his truck it is amazing that he came out of that alive.

Jennifer said...

When I was 18, we were hit head on in a Ford Pinto by a Buick and a very drunk driver - it was his 7th drunk driving accident - this was 1973 - the laws are a bit better. The police knew him by name. I needed two years of facial plastic surgery and was very lucky that only a few scars remain. As we know - many people are Not so lucky - that is why I believe in drunk driving laws and people calling 911 when they see a drunk driver. I hope your dad is doing well. In my prayers, Jennifer