Monday, May 11, 2009

Old fart survey…

Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids? (no offense). Here are questions for the people who are a little older.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I hate all of them, but if I had to choose I'd have to say my credit card bill. I dont have a high limit card, in fact it was the first one I ever got just to build my credit, but I seem to pay this bill then shop it right back up to where it was before. I must be a gluten for punishment, lol!

2. Do you miss being a child?
In some ways I do miss being a kid. Free room & board, and free vacations and such, but I couldn't imagine going back to having a curfew and someone else telling me how to live. Being older means the freedom to make my own mistakes and live with it. Its kinda liberating.

3. Chore you hate the most?
I really hate dusting and folding laundry. I make myself do them but feel so much better after they're done.

4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Oh geeze, I don't even know, lol! It's been awhile. Probably on our honeymoon. If we go out to eat now it's usually with friends and c'mon how romantic can that be, lol!

5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I wish I could change the fact that Ty and I hadn't met sooner. He is everything to me now and I have no idea how I survived before him!

6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Mrs. Johnson. She was young and pretty and I remember telling her once when she was smiling really wide at me that I liked her gold tooth, lol, meaning her gold cap on one of her back teeth!

7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
I wish Ty and I were sitting on the beaches of the Dominican right now enjoying what was suppose to be our original honeymoon. Yes, I'm still sore over this!

8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I was a little manic as a kid I guess because I wanted to be everything! A writer, a nurse, a teacher, an artist, and I wanted to look just like my barbie, lol!

9. How many colleges did you attend?
Just the one, IWCC to get my associates in business degree. I wish now that I had gone on to get my bachelors. Maybe one day.

10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
Because it's lightweight for a long sleeve shirt. The weather is not quite warm enough yet for a short sleeve and not cold enough for a sweater.

11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Why aren't they going down? At least here anyway it has stayed the same price for months! Even though our local economy is loosing more and more jobs everyday and even with stock market prices going up the supply should be up because the demand should be low which should mean lower prices. I think its just plain greedy gas stations controlling the price here anyways.

12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Ugg, I'm not ready!!!

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I have heartburn. Isnt there an old wives tale that says heartburn during pregnancy means a head full of hair on your baby, humn?

14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I don't really know. I think I'd skip the famous part and have dinner with my great grandma annie.

15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes, a few times. Mostly in high school and in college. The first time was on a gravel road and I lost control after swurving to miss a metal pipe in the road. The second was as I was leaving my classes in college one day and a truck and I collided due to lack of stop signs and a large embankment blocking my view. The third was on my way to classes and it was icy, lost control again and smacked another ladys car. So knock on wood, those days are over!

16. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
I will most likely always work even if its just part time. I get soo boerd being at home. But if I wasn't able to work then yes I would probably volunteer my time.

17. Get up early or sleep in?
SLEEP IN!! I am so not a morning person!

18. What is your favorite cartoon character?
I always liked my little ponies and the carebears cartoons. I also really liked the road runner and mini mouse.

20. When did you first start feeling old?
When my friends and I decided that it was funner to get together at each others houses to BBQ and play games vs. a night out on the town at bars fighting the crowdes, lol!

21. Favorite lunch meat?
Turkey on wheat, yummy!

22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
Usually tp or toothpaste are a regular buy. Other than that it varies.

23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No way! And it totally infuriates me that my state could just go ahead and allow gay marriage even without letting the people vote on it! Seriously? I thought this was a democratic nation? What happened to we the people?

24. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
Um, I'm not sure? I don't know why a movie would embarrass me? My favorites are Legends of the falls, The notebook, Titanic, Dirty Dancing, and Sixteen Candles.

25. What's your favorite drink?
Pepsi of coarse!

26. Who[m] from high school would you like to run in to?
I usually run into alot of the kids I went to high school with so mine would be from middle school. Her name was Melanie but i cant remember her last name for the life of me! She only went to our school for a few months and she was Mr. West's granddaughter. She moved away so suddenly and I always wondered how she was.

27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Probably the Kat.

28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?

Desperate Housewives for sure!

29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Being too forgiving and not caring enough about myself to do anything about what was wrong. Again, I'm glad to be older and just a little wiser now, lol!

30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
My job isn't the kind that I sit across from anybody. It's more hands on and you sit when you can. But if we were in a meeting yes I pretty much know everyone working at my company.

31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
Yes, we had to be trained on how to use them at work in case. Kinda fun actually!

32. Last book you finished reading?
The secret life of CeCe Wilkes by Diane Chamberland. Its really good and full of twists!

33. Do you have a teddy bear?
Yes a few, but they are all packed up in boxes somewhere.

34. Do you go to church?
Not regularly. I tend to watch my church on tv. I love Jesse Duplantis and Joyce Meyer! I know alot of you wont agree but I don't think you have to be in a church every Sunday to have a close relationship with god. I seek out his word and try to live by his ways, and in no way do I claim to be perfect. I think that a church is just a building and a religion is man made. A relationship is what I want not a building and a routine.

35. How old are you?
I am 26.


2 comments:

ღJessicaღ said...

why did you get a new blogspot?

The Blue Sparrow said...

Because I couldn't figure out how to change any of the settings for it. I tried all the help suggestions but they either didnt work or were too complicated for me, lol!